Thread: Howdy
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Copper

Default Howdy

I'd like to say hello to everybody and that it's nice to find a forum of very talented individuals with similar interests. I look forward to learning and participating in the forums.
About me: I've been involved in fine art casting for about 15 years now as a sculptor, welder, and metal technician. I got into using pneumatic rotary tools about 5 yrs. ago to carve low relief in bronze, steel, and just about anything else I could get my hands on. I consider the instant gratification and uniqueness of engraving directly into metal a very nice relief from the casting process.
A few years ago I picked up a traditional push graver set when - even with all the varied bits - a rotary tool just wasn't giving me the look I wanted, and I was hooked. Combining the two is fantastic!
So, I finally decided to get serious about it and realized I'm going to need some better equipment (saving my pennies for a palmgraver). In the meantime, I'd like to find a good vice. I have been considering the Goliath: any suggestions?
here's a couple things i've done lately:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg claws.jpg (67.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg seedling1.JPG (118.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 007.jpg (26.8 KB, 0 views)