View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Platinum

Send a message via AIM to JRon
Default The Lindsay Artisan....a jewel!

I got my Lindsay Artisan last week and spent about an hour getting everything set up. My gravermach died a couple of weeks ago and after a few $'s I decided just to replace it. I emailed Roger B, asked his opinion of the Artisan and that was good enough for me. Seeing how I used a foot pedal for so many years I felt more comfortable going that direction. Sold my gravermach for parts last week including the hand pieces. The Artisan came in and seeing how I work mostly on firearms, I put the tungsten piston in and cut a couple of practice plates and was pleasantly surprised with the power and control.
I had a 1911 to work with a gold border on the slide along with the scroll work.
The enlay work was completed in roughly 1/3 faster than with the previous system I had. I've just completed the slide and starting the frame work now. I'll post photos when I get the job completed. So far the Artisan has performed great, did the entire slide without having to even retouch the tool..........amazing! I've got a set of side plates to engrave for Beretta Gallery in Dallas(high dollar job) to start next and I am looking forward to doing it with my new Artisan. Steve is a great guy to do business with....JR