Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 10-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Steel

Default Hello everyone

hello from Japan, I got my new foot control classic in the mail today! I don't have a good bench set up yet so I started with the sharpening templats. 1 of each blank to see how hard they are to sharpen. I used the red detailing template and I did not notice a lot of time diferance between the 3 to get them sharp. I have not touched the 1 Steve supplied with the cassic, I am saving it until I get more proficent so I always have my training aid. I would like to thank all of you and Steve for the information that you put out for us new guys just getting starting, lots of info and great video's. My first project will be the basic cut practice plate's.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Steel

Default Re: Hello everyone

Welcome to the forum.

I also have got the foot control classic in the last month, and i am learning and find great happiness in the capabilities i have gained with the good tools.

this is a good place for inspiration to look up to some master craftsmen and also to as other people learn and grow, and share the experience.

I am in Alaska and far away from any other engravers... so this is my school and reading lounge.

good luck to you
Old 10-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Steel

welcome to the forum both and the graver that Steve send you with your classic is for your reference only I wont use it since you guys don't have a close teacher to you there's a lot of info here for you guys to make you first cut also if you look in the classes section and videos
Old 10-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Steel

Elmer & Leonel, Thank you for the encouragement, I posted my first practice plate in albums thread today. it took me about 30 minutes and a dozen mosquito bites. got to do something about that.