Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 04-23-2017, 04:07 AM
Copper

Default Rekindle my Passion

Hi folks,
My name is Gene, I live in Phoenix, AZ. I am new to the forum, and till this moment I've been a reader. There's a lot of useful info here!! Thanks y'all!

Over the years, I've done many different crafts, but small and precise has always been my favorite. I think it started in early 80's with my passion for carving "EX LIBRIS" in the linoleum plates, since they were easy to cut, and there was an abundance of material.

The famous Russian "Monomakh Cap" started my interest in Filigree, which I did as well. Living in a small flat in Europe, I did not have much room to do anything large, so my arts did not require much.

Immigrating to the US and settling down put most of my hobbies on the back burner.

Recently I got an interest to try metal clay for making a project or two, but I did not like the outcome. So my idea was to combine metal clay with engraving and with stone setting. My several projects came out OK for the newbie, nothing to brag about at this point. But this gave me a chance to take out my magna block which has been sitting in my closet for nearly 20 years, and get busy. That was how I discovered this forum and the area of engraving I never really tried.

So, that's my life story Looking forward to learning more!

Gene
Old 04-23-2017, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Rekindle my Passion

Welcome Gene!
EngravingArtist.com
Old 04-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Rekindle my Passion

Hi Gene,

There are a number of engravers of varying levels who are based in Phoenix you should try to get together with - hopefully they make themselves known to you. Enjoy the journey.

Roger