Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Lindsay AirGraver Info - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 07-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Default Third party modifications will void your AirGraver® warranty

It has come to my attention that someone may be attempting to sell a modification to the AirGraver® by incorporating or cannibalizing our foot control idle apparatus into their product. I have requested this individual not to do this as it causes problems with AirGaver® warranty and service as well as possibly legal implications. The AirGraver® has multiple patents and claims protecting it as well as the foot controller apparatus itself.

It is our policy that purchasing or using a 3rd party add-on or modification to your AirGraver will void the warranty. This is because I cannot endorse or recommend modification to my product and then continue to support it when it does not work and is not configured as it was designed.

Thank you, Steve
EngravingArtist.com
Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Steel

Default Re: Third party modifications will void your AirGraver® warranty

It'll be quite a while before I can afford an AirGraver system, along with the necessary components. In the mean time, I must concur with Steve. Being in industry for over 40 years, I've seen examples of those who've attempted to cobble things together to use with someone's manufactured product, and it didn't work along with ruining the product. You can't expect someone to honor a warranty when his product is butchered up. Often, systems must be in harmony with their component parts to work as intended, in a system. It is certainly common sense not to ignore infringement ramifications, but it's important to understand that one's reputation will suffer because of shoddy workmanship, which is exactly what may occur, mistakedly, by a third party if modifications are effected. It's best to stick with a known-to-be-good item which is what I've read from all the reviews on Steve's AirGraver system. It seems like common sense, at least, to me.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Platinum

sorry to hear .. scoundrels
Old 07-21-2014, 11:27 PM
Platinum

duh ! my airgraver works very nicely. have been using it for quite sometime now. to me, fixing something that aint broke is just plain stupid. just my opinion, folks.