View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Steel

Default Re: bervin's son's monogram

I need to apologize for I will not be able to complete this project in time allowed.For personal reasons .It will be a project that will have to be completed as my skill increases. Unfortunately with my physical health I am not able to sit at the bench diligently enough to finish in time.
I changed from my original plan of doing a spiral checkered pattern to just a spiral for aesthetic reasons. I wanted to inlay fine silver into the spirals and after several attempts of trying to force the issue and beating up my project decided that the brass of the gun is close to the same hardness of the silver and right now learning to inlay for the first time in a round project and the inlay ability of my materials is questionable.
I also learned that I needed to go into this project with clearcut ideas, on my design. As to not to improvise for being as new to engraving that I am that I have not very much in my library of tried and true designs or patterns everything is a challenge and I just don't want to mess up the derringer by rushing it.
As I finish the project I will post updates. And by then I can get the proper camera the phone isn't cutting it . Thank bervin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0811081705.jpg (13.2 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 0819081921.jpg (14.9 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg 0811081708.jpg (21.7 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 0811081705a.jpg (12.2 KB, 91 views)