View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Steel

Default Re: Laying out a bracelet with microsoft publisher and a photocopier

I was curious how much time I could save by stippling the background instead of sawing, so I used the saved bracelet layout, removed the two outer lines and brought the end ovals in to make a 5 inch long bracelet, about 1 inch wide. I have scanned the cut bracelet here, which is another tip... on flat items you can photocopy rather than using a smoke pull and get a very nice and quick image. I am 7 hours into this bracelet, with another 1 hour in forming and polishing, about half the time of the original pierced bracelet.
Another time saving tool is, if you work in precious metals, buy a rock polishing wheel set at a yard sale, and use the belts to shape the edges of your blanks, all the way up to prepolish. The water will keep the dust down and the metal will be saved in the bottom of the collecter.
I use the publisher method to lay out belt buckles, bolo ties as well as bracelets, as well as anything else I need, to transfer images onto exact sizes, at the cost of time and a sheet of paper.
Thanks, Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5 in scroll bracelet.jpg (27.0 KB, 60 views)