View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Copper

Thumbs up newbie palm control review

I just wanted to post a review, from a newbie who has a between 10-15 hours hammer and chisel experience, and maybe an hour or two with a push graver, and never used any air assisted graver of any sorts, but has been interested in them for a while.

I went down and met with Doug yesterday (via the networking section), and tried out his palm control classic. First off a big thank you to Doug, (THANKS DOUG!) super nice guy, and has a wealth of metal working knowledge, and skill. It was a pleasure hanging out for the afternoon.

As far as the palm control is concerned...WOW! Its was everything I expected and so much more. I have struggled to try and push a line without slipping with a standard graver, and am pretty decent at controlling the hammer and chisel for the amount of time I've spent with it. From the first line on the palm control, it was a dream. You don't even really need to push it for the fine stuff, just guide it along. It was very easy to control and keep the lines even. I wasn't cutting perfectly by any means, but pretty darn good. I am confident that with practice I can become very good at achieving fine detailed pieces, that seem a lot harder with a hammer and chisel, and doubtful (in my case) with a standard push graver . In the time I spent on it, I have no doubt that I will be buying one, probably not a palm control to start $$$$, but definitely a Lindsey AirGraver. A wonderful tool!

www.saignc.com