View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Gold

Default Re: airgraver power supply

Jim, if you pursue this, I'd love to hear more details. I cannot imagine that it would be hard at all to adapt the Scuba's first stage output at 150 to 200 PSI to a simple and standard industrial regulator with a 1/4" pipe taper output, from thence to the Lindsay tool. Your point on the dryness and cleanliness of the air is spot on, and something that I hadn't thought of. You'd need absolutely no filtration at all - the air out of that tank will be pure, sweet, and bone dry.

A safe, used 80 cf scuba cylinder can be had really cheaply off of eBay and other similar sources. I can think of only one drawback - some shops simply will refuse to refill a cylinder for you unless you can show them your certified diver card. Maybe if you describe the setup, and paint on the cylinder something like "SHOP USE ONLY, NOT FOR DIVING" they'd fill it for you.

One last option, not cheap but possible... I'm sure plenty of people are set up with some sort of welding outfit in their shops. Those big bottles of Argon would run this tool for a LONG time!