Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,748. Welcome to our newest member, Kyle6547
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 11-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Platinum

Default the highway man

Here is another 1873 winchester, relief engraving and bulino scenes

with just a touch of gold inlay
Old 11-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Platinum

Default Re: the highway man

I like that VERY much Joseph.

Thanks for posting it.

Peter
Old 11-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Platinum

Another epic '73!!!

Absolutely wonderful Joseph.

Would you mind if I saved these photos for future reference (not copy)? Placement and flow of scrollwork is crucial to the overall aesthetics.

Was curious ... were these complete, custom market restorations in order to prepare your canvas for your theme? How long did this one take?

Also ... did you put your Winchesters in a presentation case?

I figure it's gonna be about a year and maybe a little longer with the out-of-pocket financial investment for me.

Nice thing about the Shiloh I have is that it's brand new and "all there" with presentation walnut. All I need to do is anneal the color casing and checker the wood after it has been re-fit and the pores polished out.

Thanks again,

Chris
Old 11-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Joseph, I missed this post. Wow, that is a super job!
EngravingArtist.com
Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Platinum

Thak you peter, Steve and Chris for the compliments. Chris, I have no objection to you using any work I post in any way you wish. I have always believed that there are only so many variations of ornamental scroll and that it impossible not to incorporate bits of others work in a design. The time that it took to engrave this rifle was about six weeks. Presentation cases are an added expense that I never found needed to sell a rifle.Have a great day!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Platinum

Joseph,

I had to put the '73 I have on Gunbroker today. It needs far too much of an investment to get it where I need it to be. It is all original and maybe it will sell ... if not, it's gonna go back in the closet to wait for more favorable economic conditions. It doesn't mean my '73 project is dead ... just on hold for a bit. Time to sort out the stuff in the closet and keep the stuff I need, put aside the stuff worthy of engraving and convert the dust collectors to cash to invest in these projects.

I'll catch ya after the holiday weekend ...

Chris
Old 11-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Platinum

Joseph, the skill of your art and its execution is wonderful to see. It almost appears that you were driven. Perhaps that was your passion driving the inspiration? At any rate, when you post your work it is the entry I check out first. Thank you for posting them.
gail
Old 12-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Steel

joseph: great engraving I met you at one of the shows fega in reno a few years ago. I was very impressed of a sculture you had done on a gun. I also read your book a talented man I would hope that other up and coming engravers would also read it. If any of you out there would like to have this book let me know i'l send to you. I guess you gave up engraving and retired mexico. do you ever have thoughts of making a come back to the art. your so good at it just a hope that you might. wish you the best john
Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Platinum

Absolutely beautiful work Joe. I am curious about the finish on the lighter areas like the sky above the wagon. How is that light color achieved on what looks like a blued gun?
Thanks,
Jim
Old 12-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Steel

Send a message via Yahoo to handengraverdave

That is so awesome. What great scroll work and not to mention the scenes. Very impressive!!